Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Injection #4


Cooper had his 4th stem cell injection today - he only has one scheduled this week. Typically, the day of the injection the nurses come in a few hours before and start an IV on him. They've had trouble a couple times, which is understandable, but today was the worst. They had to stick him 4 times before they got it right. I know from experience with Cooper he's not that hard to stick. They were very apologetic and felt bad - I told them it was OK, but I was still upset. When we went in for the infusion the IV line wasn't working and they had to do it AGAIN! I asked them to call someone that was really good at IV's and they called the Head Nurse, Linda. She started it right away no problem.
They say with these treatments you aren't likely to see anything until after you return home, yet some people begin to notice little improvements after the 4th or 5th treatment. I haven't really noticed anything significant yet, but we'll see. I've noticed some little things that may or may not be associated like he seems more relaxed, he's eating a little better, he's making more sounds... stuff like that. I remember one mom I spoke to a while ago said they didn't really see any changes except that it made their daughter's seizures go away. If we could just have that I'd be grateful! Please keep up the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment